What is C++?
- Bjarne Stroustrup developed C++, a computer programming language that helps us create software and applications.
- It is an extension of the C programming language, which means it has all the features of C plus some additional ones.
- C++ allows us to organize our code by using objects and classes. These objects represent real-world things, and classes are like blueprints for creating those objects
- With C++, we can write reusable code, which means we can write a piece of code once and use it multiple times in different parts of our program. This saves time and effort.
- C++ is used in many different areas, like creating video games, building operating systems, developing mobile apps, and much more. It is a powerful language that gives us a lot of control and flexibility in creating different types of software
Why use C++?
- C++ is one of the most useful programming language, as C++ is close to C, C#, and Java so it makes easy for programmers to use C++.
- C++ is a versatile programming language that allows you to develop a wide range of applications, from small scripts to large-scale software systems.
- C++ is known for its high performance, making it ideal for applications that require speed and efficiency.
- C++ has a large developer community that provides a wealth of resources and support, including libraries, frameworks, and open-source projects.
- C++ is a cross-platform language, which means that it can be used to develop applications for different operating systems and hardware platforms.
Difference between C and C++
- C++ has some additional keywords and syntax compared to C because it includes OOP features.
- C is commonly used for system-level programming and tasks that require direct memory manipulation. C++ is used more often for application development, game development, and other projects .